Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Going green...



Anybody who knows me knows that I have an obsession with going green. If I could afford it I would own a prius, have a totally green house and never use plastic bottles again. Since I found out I was pregnant, my obsession has resulted in endless research of cloth diapers. The thought of saving money has also helped me with this decision. Right before we left for Arizona I found the cloth diaper system that I liked and convinced Ryan to let me buy all the necessary accessories so we could cloth diaper exclusively (I think he, along with the rest of my family, was just sick of hearing me talk about it). I was so excited when we came back and I had everything I needed. I started cloth diapering the next day!

I am using the flip diaper system which I love. I don't need as many diaper covers with this system which makes the whole process cheaper and yet it is still super easy. I also have cloth wipes and a little home made solution that I put on them to make them wet and slightly soapy. I have a small garbage pail lined with a wet bag in our room to keep the dirty diapers in and so far I don't smell anything unless I open it. I have enough diapers to last about 4 days, but wash diapers every 3.

I know that was way too much information, but I know some people are interested. So far, I am in love with cloth diapers and I think everyone should use them. They are better for the environment, your baby's butt and your wallet!


Be sure to turn up the volume:

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Those diapers look like a great idea, I'm glad they're working for you!

SEALEDDEAL.BLOGSPOT.COM said...

Oh my goodness, that baby!!! SO Cute!! I can't wait to see you guys again!! :)