Tuesday, March 30, 2010

ARIZONA







A couple of weeks ago, Ryan and I got got sick and tired of waiting around for people to call about jobs. We were both checking email 100 times a day and jumping every time the phone rang. We kept waiting and waiting and nothing ever happened, so we decided at the last minute to got to Arizona. Ryan's Mom and sister were off for Spring break so we figured it would be a good time to visit.

The first day we drove to LA and stayed with my sister for a night. Jillian and Kevin were really nice to let us crash on their floor for a night. It was also nice to see them. We ate food and watched TV. For some reason though Sam wasn't really in the mood to sleep (most likely because he slept the whole car ride) so we got up early, ate at Denny's and headed to Arizona. It was a boring drive, but again Sam slept pretty much the entire ride so we made it pretty quickly.

We got to Arizona late Friday afternoon and just hung out with Ryan's Mom and sister because we were exhausted. Oh, I guess the highlight of Friday was that Sam got to met his Uncle Chad for the first time. Because Chad is getting married soon everyone has been looking at old pictures. Right now Sam looks just like Chad when he was a baby. It is really funny to see.

On Saturday we were fortunate to hang out with our favorite friends. We had lunch at Paradise (my favorite) with Anne and Steve and then dinner with Danny and Karen. We got to see both of their new houses and had a really good time catching up and showing off our cute little boy. Sunday we planned on going to church, but Sam's schedule was all messed up and we were too tired. Instead we just hung out and relaxed. Sam got to hang out with Madi while Ryan and I took a nap. Thanks Aunt Madi!

Monday we went to visit Gail at the library so she could show off her Grandbaby. Then, Madi took us to a really yummy frozen yogurt place. I had chocolate yogurt with gummy bears and blueberries. Mmm I know it sounds weird, but it was sooo good. Later that night we went and watched Madi play softball. She is an amazing pitcher and I think the final score was 10-0. We had a good time watching and cheering her on.

Tuesday...we drove back. It was a short trip, but Ryan was anxious to get back to the job hunt. Despite the long drive and short trip it was just what we needed to get our minds off the job market for a few days. Plus, Sam got to hang out with the Merrell's which he thoroughly enjoyed. We can't wait to go back for Chad and Kayla's wedding in May! Hopefully, we will be able to fly though!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

HEY! Do you have an leads on the job search?! I applied to the John Muir Residency but haven't heard anything. I'm hoping for something at St. Mary's in July and applied to be a temporary triage nurse at UCSF for May and June. Those are pretty much the only things keeping me going...and I'm not getting my hopes up (though I would like to)...

Merrell said...

I haven't even started looking. Ryan just found a job in Concord so I am going to start this week probably. Unfortunately, I don't have much motivation because you are having such a hard time. But I don't want to lose my skills so I am going to try to find something. I was going to apply for the John Muir residency too but didn't realize that the window of opportunity was so small so...I missed it. Good luck with your search, you will find something eventually!