Sunday, July 10, 2011

Aliens

Do not be alarmed, but sometime in the last couple of weeks aliens have taken our son and replaced him with better version of himself. I don't know if this is some kind of experiment they are working, but here's what I do know:

1) He now goes to bed with a binkie and a blankie. No cuddling, no bottle, no crying (well at least no crying for more than 10 seconds).
2) Instead of running in the opposite direction when you tell him he needs a diaper change, he runs to his room, lays on the ground and rolls over for you.
3) He no longer uses a bottle. He has switched completely to sippy cups, although he still calls them his "baba."
4) He puts things away when asked. Things such as toys, books, tools, etc.
5) He loves to help Daddy with his various projects around the apartment and Mommy with the laundry...and he is actually helpful.
6) He no longer runs in the opposite direction or up the closest stairs when on walks and listens to the instructions he is given.
7) He says he is sorry if he hurts you, is always concerned if someone has a booboo and is ready to kiss it better when necessary.
8) He responds with "I buv mm" when you tell him you love him.
9) He allowed Ryan and I to enjoy dinner at a restaurant on Friday night. He drew with crayons, ate a lot of his food, and sat in his highchair for the majority of the time.
10) He made it through AN HOUR in Sacrament today without many snacks and without running away. This is UNHEARD of.
11) He is speaking in short sentences. For example:
      "All done Momma"
      "Hi Daddy"
      "I love you, Daddy"
      "I want that"
      "I don't want that"
      "I love you too"
      "No, stop"
There are more, but I can't think of them. He also surprises us everyday with words we didn't know he knew. The other day I got him cereal and he pointed the the drawer and said "poon." He also points to the pool and says "poo" every time we walk by it at the apartment complex. Again, there are so many more examples of this I can't think of right now. It is incredible how fast he is learning.

We are a little worried that this experiment won't last long, but we are enjoying it for now. He is a little more mellow (he still has plenty of moments) and is just fun to be around. We love him to death.

This is just a moment I posted on facebook the other day. My mom said I should post it somewhere other than facebook so here it is:
Oh.my.gosh. I just witnessed a miracle. I laid Sam in his bed where he stayed and then said "buh bye." I said "goodnight sweetheart, I love you." And he said "buh mm (love you)." I left and that was it. NEVER in my life did I think that kid could go to bed so easily. I sure hope this lasts!!

2 comments:

DOYINGS said...

How could such an obedient daughter not have an obedient son? :)

Laura said...

ahhh, good job little guy! Make that momma happy!