Saturday, June 11, 2011

Finally...I know.

I know I have owed everyone a post for a long time. Since Sam just had his 18 month appointment I figured I could update, not feel so behind and then start blogging more regularly. We will see if that ever happens...

So my BABY is almost 1 1/2 years old. I can't believe it! He is bigger, smarter and faster every day. He has the most fun little personality and makes us laugh all the time. The doctor didn't say anything new other than we should get rid of the bottle...yeah, easier said than done, but we are actually doing much better. I think it helps that he sees the kids at daycare drinking out of their big boy cups. He is still average height and weight with a ginormous head. I sure do love that ginormous head though and we will miss it when he grows into it.
Did I mention he has no fear?

Sam has become quite the talker recently. His words include: nice, buh bye (we are really good at this one), hi, OUTSIDE, rain, mama, dada/daddy, grandpa (more like gr-pa), cheese, fishies, pretzel, thank you, doggie (dog-EYE), baba, no, yes, help, mine, night night, inside, go, tickle,
More recently he has added; sorry, uh oh spaghettios (sah-e-o), tree, basketball, ball
He also has quite a bit to say that I am too old to understand. I'm sure it makes perfect sense to him, but I can't quite grasp it!

 He can also sign: please, out, rain, drink, basketball, help

Giraffe Sam-First trip to the zoo
He loves: all forms of water, seeing his friends at daycare, driving toy cars of all shapes and varieties, being outside (which I'm pretty sure is his FAVORITE thing), saying "hi" to complete strangers, going for walks, playing at the park, making a mess while mommy is trying to clean up, pushing around the broom and swiffer, flushing the toilet (which really grosses poor OCD ryan out), eating snacks, drinking juice (which rarely happens), TOMATOES, fruit, dip of any kind, all of his grandparents, his mommy and daddy, reading books, playing in his crib, cuddling, giving big kisses (which he has become very good at lately), helping daddy with his tools

He dislikes: going to take a nap or going to bed, not having the attention focused on him, not being outside, getting his hands dirty, not getting his way, getting in his carseat, when someone else has the nerve to go outside and not take him


                                                          
                                                                       
Typical Sam-socks on, no pants and playing outside
                                                                       
Kissing Mommy

Helping Daddy
                                                                      
Overall, Sam is a very happy and VERY active child. He drives us to exhaustion, but one look at that cute little face and it's hard to be mad (especially now that he says sorry). He loves everyone and everyone loves him. He especially loves all his grandparents very much and had a great time seeing the Merrell side of the family in May for uncle Preston and Aunt Sam's wedding. Most days he loves going to daycare which always makes my day at work (more to come on that in another post) a lot easier. He loves to cuddle both his mommy and daddy, but he doesn't like to share. He will tolerate a kiss between his parents on occasion, but most of the time he prefers to be the one doing the kissing. He has also become quite bossy in the last month or so. He will take my hand and take me where he thinks I should be or he will point to where he wants me. He has been sleeping a lot better recently and Ryan and I try to enjoy every minute of that. He is a big helper too. He helps with the dishes and the laundry. He always gets me things when I ask him too. He likes to purposely spill milk on the coffee table, run to his room and get a wipe, and clean it up for us. He is so sweet and thoughtful!!

We love our little (BIG) peanut and we are so happy to have him as part of our family. He really brings a lot of joy to everyone around him. Mmmm I just want to kiss that dirty little face!!

4 comments:

Gail Daniel said...

Beautiful baby, awesome parents! He is such a joy, and soooo smart! I love every picture you post of him, and love how you and Ryan are such great parents! Hugs and kisses to my sweet little Sam! xoxo

DOYINGS said...

loving those cute baby lips!

Laura said...

Wow! I can't believe how big he is!

Nicole said...

I remember holding him when he was a month old, he's still so cute!