Saturday, March 13, 2010

First Trip to the Ocean

I have been doing nothing but sitting around taking care of Sam while Ryan has been looking for jobs. I have been really bored and whiney. Anyway, because of this Ryan and I decided to do something exciting this weekend. We planned to go to Santa Cruz for the day, but that didn't happen. I wasn't feeling well and Sam has a cold. The poor kid has been snorting and coughing and is a little crankier than usual. However, later in the day I was feeling a little better so we decided to get out for a while. We drove to Half Moon Bay so that Sam could see the ocean for the first time. Since I am very paranoid about RSV and other such diseases Sam was bundled up excessively. Even if Ryan and I weren't warm, Sam sure was.

We took him down to the sand (which was quite adventurous) and then went for a walk along the beach. Usually we are met with heavy fog when we go to Half Moon Bay so we were pleasantly surprised when it was really sunny and beautiful today. As the sun went down we splurged a little bit and had dinner outside at a restaurant with a front row view to the water and the amazing sunset. It was a great last minute trip and Sam loved the water. He may have been born in Utah, but he is definitely a California boy!













2 comments:

Skousen Family! said...

Sam is a DOLL! get to AZ so I can hold him!!!

Steve and Anne said...

Way to introduce him to the beach, I like that...keep him as a California boy! I especially like the photo of the abandoned stroller by the waves....ha ha And you look AMAZING for just having a baby a few months ago!