Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ryan's First Father's Day





Father's Day was really fun. I had a good time surprising Ryan with presents and spending the day celebrating what an awesome father he is.

My Mom and I made french toast, sausage and eggs for my Dad and Ryan in the morning. Then, we opened presents. I had taken Sam to a picture place in the mall to get shots of him wearing a "My daddy is the best civil engineer in the whole world" shirt. I bought a bunch of them and put one in a frame for Ryan's office. He had no idea and he loved it. I also got him some cologne that he had been asking for.

Then, we had some family and friends over for a BBQ and swimming. We took Sam in the water for the first time (minus his baths) and he loved it. I definitely think he is a California water baby!! We even dunked him under water. I don't think he would have minded so much except that by the time we did it, he was tired and cranky. He made the saddest face when Ryan brought him back up. Poor little guy.

After swimming, the 3 of us were exhausted so we caught a quick nap before dinner. Dinner was delicious! We had steak, shrimp, salad and potatoes. Then, we finished the night off with some Beatles Rock Band.

All in all I think it was a great first Father's Day for Ryan.

I would also like to say thank you to my amazing father. He taught me what being a good father was all about and is the reason I was able to pick such a wonderful husband and father for myself and my baby. I love you Dad!!

1 comment:

Juliana Stak said...

You baby is the CUTEST!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!